Well, after taking a 2 week hiatus from blogging and a 5 day hiatus from calorie counting and any meaningful exercise, this morning I was ready to jump back on board. The blogging hiatus was mostly because I did not have access to a computer but also because it was Christmas and there was a lot going on. And the hiatus from eating healthy portions and good workouts was a momentary lapse of good sense :). However, I am back on track without too much damage.
As I have mentioned before, I do not “do” New Years Resolutions. I believe that making good choices and setting goals should be an ongoing and daily process rather than once a year. Reflection is definitely valuable but resolutions historically have very little follow through for many people and so I don’t subscribe to the idea. I do however have some goals for this year that I have been working on since November:
- Get a job (a good job, where I can make a difference)
- Lose 10 more lbs
- Run a 5k (for all of you who know that I hate running, this is a big deal)
- Be as debt-free as possible (I know we will be paying on student loans for the rest of our lives)
- Continue the healthy lifestyle practice that I have started
- Do some really meaningful things for others before August (when I turn 30!!!!!)
Health goals: For this week
- Water, water and MORE WATER (I have been failing at this goal)
- Find other interesting ways to exercise and be active
Make good choices today!